If you want to write your book, column, blog post, newsletter, or company proposal, wake up early enough every day so that you can write something before you have to get on with other priorities.
Don’t wait until the phone calls start coming in, the emails start arriving, and the texts start flying. If you wait until later in the day, you may be too distracted or too tired to be creative.
Ideally, you want to squeeze in thirty to sixty minutes of writing—or as much time as you can put in—before your day really gets underway.
Writing near the start of your day will make a positive difference in your life on a number of levels.
1. Every day it will affirm that you are a writer.
2. Every day it will give you a sense of accomplishment.
3. Every day it will improve your writing and confidence.
4. Every day it will keep your writing project activated in your mind, consciously and unconsciously. You’ll be surprised how many ideas will come to you later in the day when you're doing something completely unrelated.
5. Every day it will move you closer to accomplishing your writing project.
As always, try this idea out and let me know how it works for you.
I’m rooting for you!
You can sign up for my newsletter.